Thursday, February 18, 2010

Uh - oh

Helping Shelby with her homwork has become, well....
DIFFICULT.
For those of you who know me know that when it comes to math
I am not the sharpest tool in the shed.
So who knew school systems now teach geometry in second grade?
This is where we are.

a cube - got it
sphere - ok
cone - piece of cake
rectangular prism - um
faces, edges - sure
vertices - VERTICES?
trapezoid - I think I remember that from BASIC math.
parallelogram - did I even spell it right?

See what I mean?
I'm lost.
So guess what?
I'm not smarter than a second grader.
LOL!

until then...

6 comments:

Weezer said...

Oh, my. I wish I was closer so I could help her. I'm guessing Larry's no better? Poor things...all of you. So what are you going to do? Or maybe she's getting it okay.

Jessica said...

Oh, boy........here we go...... =)

Weezer said...

Checking in on you. I hope you're getting some of this beautiful weather that has come to Augusta. Unfortunately, I'm down with a headache today so I'm not out in it.

Beccalynn said...

Oh, yikes! I remember when third grade rolled around and I had long division my mom started nearly pulling her hair out trying to help me. Long division was when I decided I hated math as well.

And in the 10th grade I wrote a song about how much I hate geometry. I should share it with you some time!

Granny said...

Hey! It's about time for another update on things! I wouldn't be much help with math but her Great Grandpa would be! Wish we were closer. I'm still recuperating from our week away. Talk to you soon as I have a little something for Shelby.

Weezer said...

Just checking in to say 'hi'. Hope things are going well up there in the big city.
Love.