Thursday, September 24, 2009

A tribute to our dogs


There isn't a day that doesn't go by that I don't think about
my little sister Sadie Vanessa.
Everyday as a ritual when I come home from picking up Shelby
from school, I grab the mail keys that are on a special keyring.
The keys are kept in a glass on the shelf in the hallway.
As soon as the keys jingle Gennie comes a-runnin'
knowing that it's time to get the mail.

All you would have to do with Sadie is say,
"Sadie, let me ask you something."
and she would take that as
"Let's go get the mail!'

I don't know what it is about the mail, but to the dogs in our
families it's a ritual and to the them it's the world.

I love Sadie Vanessa!
I love you, too, Gennie Bean!

Until then...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

We all miss Sadie 'Nessa. She was such a sweetheart.

Weezer said...

It kind of took my breath away to open your blog and find Sadie there like that. I still can't talk about her for long or in much detail. It's still a very tender spot with me. Thank you for remembering her for me and to me.